Provide your students with the research and information literacy skills necessary to succeed. We are available to partner with you to design customized research sessions in tune with your instructional goals. Sample topics include:
- Developing effective search strategies using keywords and subject headings
- Identifying and efficiently using research databases
- Evaluating and using Internet resources
- Using special collections materials as primary sources for original research
Make the library session more effective!
- Discuss the paper or project with your class before the research session. Tell students to come prepared with a specific research topic in mind.
- Schedule the session close to a project's due date so that there is a direct connection between what students learn and its immediate application.
- Attend the session with your students. You are the best one to answer questions about the assignment and how the resources can help them.
- Schedule your library session at least two weeks in advance.